May 20, 2014

Bristol, Bagels and Boy Drama

I just got back from a weekend in Bristol visiting one of my best friends who works over there. I had never been before, and didn't really have any expectations, apart from the madness I've seen in skins, but we got SO lucky with the weather, and I really fell in love with the place. It may have had something to do with seeing my friend and the sun, but it really is such a nice city! It's not too big, and not too small, with a great student vibe to it.
Photo from my instagram @eleanorcos
Our first day was spent wandering around - we spotted a few Banksy's, walked up to the top of the tower to see some gorgeous views, laid out by the river tanning and chatting, and ate some great Mexican food! 
Image from bristolpost.co.uk
Bristol is known for its street art so it was pretty cool to see one of the most famous graffiti artists' work in his home town. 
Photo from Las Iguanas Facebook Page // Photo from my instagram @eleanorcos
Catching up with a best friend is one of the best things. It's so great that you can fall back into step with someone so effortlessly no matter how long it's been since you've last seen each other. I really want to go back again now soon - the weekend made me realise how quick it is to get over to Bristol from Dublin! It's so easy. I should definitely save up and head over again soon.
Photo from the Bagel Boy Facebook Page
On our last day, we ran out before our flight home, a tad hungover, to grab something quick to eat, and man, we chose well. The Bagel Boy is a pretty impressive bagel shop. I got a salmon and cream cheese bagel (a classic choice) and it was fantastic. This place was incredible. It has wooden picnic-style tables inside, with a kind of vintage feel with bicycles propped up against the wall and hand drawn menus on chalkboards. The food was great too - and super reasonably priced! Loved it!
Bristol is a great English city, it's not too big, like London can sometimes seem, and it's also lively and full of amazing things to do and see around every corner. The hilliness and waterfronts split the centre of Bristol into a variety of areas and I love all the old buildings, as well as the new square and shopping areas. I want to be there, 16 and drunk, looking down on the buildings and feeling like I was on top of the world.
In Disbelief You’ll See So Clearly | via Tumblr na We Heart It.
Since coming home I've been greeted with a lot of boy drama. None of it mine thank god, but I do feel a bit awful at the advice-giving role I'm in. There's nothing worse than not being able to help a heartbroken girl. What can we do? I try to be honest with everyone, but I worry that it comes off a bit harsh sometimes. I do want my friends to follow their heart, but sometimes it's hard to see what's best for yourself if you have rose-tinted glasses on.
One of the girls in Bristol came out with this gem that I enjoyed: 
"I think you can tell straight away if you don't like a guy, but it sometimes takes a while to figure out if you like someone." - Maybe phrased a bit better this would make more sense, but I like the general message. It takes some time to get to know a person, and it's often hard to work out your feelings, but if you aren't into someone you can tell almost straight away. They don't have the X Factor. 
The problem is then, figuring out whether you like them, or like like them. And don't even get me started on love.

I'd be interested to hear if you've ever been given particularly good advice in the relationship department! Any good tips for the ladies who may be struggling to figure out their feelings?

Speak soon.
As always, follow me to stay in touch!

6 comments:

  1. Really cool pictures !
    Giveaway on the blog, get the bronze queen look
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren Conrad from the Hills, "Love is not a maybe thing, you know when you love someone" Wise words Lauren. Hahaha, my god I loved that show! Lovely little post. Bristol looks just lovely :)

    Fee
    http://www.pingle-blog.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems funny someone saying nice things about bristol when you live here it's rubbish lol! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looked divine! I love that you got to see a Banksy piece! As for love advice...hmmm...maybe just if you feel like less of yourself around someone, you shouldn't be with them. They should make you feel better, not worse.

    Audrey
    www.lululinden.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah my hometown! I moved away from Bristol for uni and haven't been back in a while, this post made me miss home so much. Gorgeous pictures, glad you had a good time - come back soon!
    Meena | Meena Means Me
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pics. That street art is amazing! As for the boy drama and advice ... ugh, don't get me started. I say trust your gut instinct always. Secondly, the first time a guy treats you like trash, get rid of him. If he doesn't respect you, he does not deserve you. In the wise words of my sis, "Why keep trash when you can throw it away?"

    http://gizzlemizzle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

HEY thanks for commenting if you have any questions you can always tweet them to me @eleanorcos and I will definitely answer