December 22, 2013

Festivities

'Tis the Season
I've been very busy with all the holiday preparations this year. If you are one of the people who regularly read this blog, you may have noticed how easily stressed out I get. (Seriously stressed. About everything.I need to chill out.)
Christmas time is lovely and fun and nice and joyful... but unfortunately, also brings with it,  large to-do list. Buying presents, decorating, helping with cleaning the house, cooking, figuring out times to meet friends.... it's all nice and all, but TIRING.
I'm writing this now, after a day of two family dinners; the first with my Mum's cousins, and the second with my Dad's side of the family. What with clearing plates and small talk - I'm exhausted!
I do love all the festivities, and as a family, everyone actually gets on in mine - so I am enjoying this time of year. But I hope I'm not the only one that's looking forward to St. Stephens' Day when everything is over, we're a few pounds on the scale heavier, and we can just not do anything for a while.
I still have a few more bits and pieces to pick up for presents, so I'm heading into town tomorrow which shall probably be a nightmare. I wish I had started Christmas shopping in November! So glad I'm not working in retail these days. SO GLAD. 
I hope you're all more organised and a little less stressed out than me.
I'm going to try unwind by watching Elf and tidying my room... it always calms me when my bedroom is in order!
Hopefully I'll be speaking to you all again soon... But if not, MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, ENJOY YOURSELVES.
xxx

Follow me:

11 comments:

  1. your christmas tree is so beautiful. merry christmas, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw I love that photo of your dog! your blog is great, it has such a fresh mix of posts! now following you on Bloglovin :)

    www.cococarteblanche.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have had and still have a lovely holiday! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your writing skills, they are beautiful xo
    www.dariennexo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photo of your dog is the cutest thing! And the tree looks lovely. I made the mistake of letting the little girl i babysit for decorate ours and it looks like the result a decoration/sparkle explosion haha.
    Hope you had a very merry xmas!
    -Kate from bleached mort
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tree looks amazing. Cute puppy picture also.

    xo
    Maggie A
    LOVEMAVIN.COM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Squeeee! Puppy looks so cute!
    And you tree looks amazing! Elf is THE BEST Christmas film! I guess I'll have to wait roughly 320 more days until I can watch it again and feel Christmassy! Happy new year!
    Ellie, xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have nominated you for a Liebster Award for your blog because it is so amazing, head on over to my blog http://tayloramyleask.blogspot.co.uk/ to check out the rules, thanks xxx

    ReplyDelete

HEY thanks for commenting if you have any questions you can always tweet them to me @eleanorcos and I will definitely answer